Comfort food in the comfort of your own kitchen. The Cuisinart 2-quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker combines an attractive, old-style wooden finish with all the modern conveniences. From sorbet to frozen drinks to smooth and creamy ice cream, it’s easier than ever. Just add the ingredients through the large pouring spout, turn it on, and voila, ice cream in just 25-minute. The 2-quart, double-insulated freezer bowl always delivers consistent results, no matter what’s on the menu.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart Two-Quart Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker
Cool off with a rich ice cream sundae or a fruity homemade sorbet – ready in 25 minutes or less. The Cuisinart 2-quart frozen yogurt, ice cream, and sorbet maker delivers 2 quarts of fast, fabulous, frozen desserts, perfect for a family dinner or a friendly party – each one guarantees a sweet ending.
Indulge In Your Favorites
Just imagine any flavor of fresh ice cream, frozen yogurt, or refreshing sorbet, all made in the convenience of your kitchen. Two quarts in just 25 minutes.
Quick, Easy Desserts
It’s always easy to make fresh, delicious frozen desserts. Just add your ingredients and turn it on. Plus, cleanups are quick and easy with the removable mixing paddle and freezer bowl.
Designed with a unique, attractive wood finish, it looks great while in action and as an essential part of your kitchen decor.
Features and Benefits
- Ingredient Spout Pour recipe ingredients through the spout. Also use to add ingredients, like chips or nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
- Easy-lock Lid Transparent to let you watch the freezing process as it progresses. Lid is designed to easily lock to base.
- Mixing Arm Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create frozen desserts or drinks.
- Wood Veneer Bucket Sturdy base finished with an attractive wood exterior looks great on any countertop.
- Rubber Feet Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use.
- Cord Storage Unused cord is easily pushed into the base to keep counter neat and safe.
Freezing Time and Bowl Preparation
The freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe. The length of time needed to reach the frozen state depends on how cold your freezer is. For the most convenient frozen desserts and drinks, leave your freezer bowl in the freezer at all times. You can take it out any time for immediate use. In general, freezing time is between 6 hours and 22 hours. To determine whether the bowl is completely frozen, shake it. If you do not hear liquid moving, the cooling liquid is frozen. Before freezing, wash and dry the bowl. Wrap it in a plastic bag to prevent freezer burn. We recommend that you place the freezer bowl in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. Your freezer should be set to 0°F to ensure proper freezing of all foods.
Making Frozen Desserts or Drinks
- Use Cuisinart recipes included in the Instruction Booklet or use your own recipe, making sure it yields 2 quarts or less. Do not fill the freezer bowl higher than 1/2-inch from the top. The ingredients will increase in volume during the freezing process. For best results, prepare the ingredients in a container from which it is easy to pour.
- Remove the freezer bowl from the freezer and place on the center of the base. The bowl will begin to defrost quickly once it has been removed from the freezer. Use it immediately after removing from freezer.
- Place mixing bowl arm in freezer bowl. Arm does not fit tightly. It just rests in the center of the bowl, with the circle side facing up.
- Place lid on the base. Easy lock lid mechanism allows the lid to rest on base in multiple positions.
- Turn the On/Off switch to ON position. Freezer bowl will begin to turn.
- Immediately pour ingredients through ingredient spout.
- Frozen desserts or drinks will be done in 25-35 minutes. The time will depend on the recipe and volume of the dessert or drink you are making. When the mixture has thickened to a soft serve consistency, it is done. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the dessert or drink to an airtight container and store in the freezer for two or more hours.
Ingredients such as chips and nuts should be added about 5 minutes before the recipe is complete. Once the dessert or drink has began to thicken, add the ingredients through the ingredient spout. Nuts and other ingredients should be no larger than a chocolate chip.
Thank you for shopping with us. We hope you enjoy your shopping experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new Ice Cream Maker. If we can help you after your purchase, please let us know.